Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bean Cakes and Parasols

Just a little life update for all my lovely readers. Over the weekend I attended Matsuri, or the Japanese Festival of Arizona. Two friends of mine were in a fashion show where they modeled different variations of traditional Japanese kimonos, and they did a fantastic job. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to breathe, let alone move in the beautiful, but crazy binding outfits. Here's a little pic of me with the two of them in all their awesomeness. Yes, I'm the stubby little one in the middle.
So after watching a fashion show, a drumming show, and a dance show, I was left feeling incredibly inspired, if not grossly untalented. The stirrings for a Japanese themed paranormal romance began forming in my mind, but before I could fully work it out, I realized my pale vampire flesh was beginning to an unflattering shade of pink, so my friend and I went and purchased a parasol to stop the skin baking in its tracks.


After some bean cakes which have a sort of play-doh texture, but are nonetheless delicious (how I'm sure my 3 year old self actually thought play-doh tasted) we headed home where I continued to formulate my new story idea. There's nothing more exciting than working out a new story. Your imagination and creativity get to flow and if you add a little music to the mix (let's go with M83's Midnight City) and it's a truly magical experience. There's so much about the Japanese culture that's rich, and thrilling, and inspiring...however, the realization that I'm already deep in the process of writing two separate books, book 5 of The Protectors and a vampire book that I hope to have up pretty soon. Side note, it's a vampire book, but its not a too typical vampire book - I promise. This means that my little Japanese inspired book will have to be put off for a while, but the outline is written down and waiting for me whenever I get the time to return to it.
It's amazing how just stepping out of your front door and attending a festival can inspire an entire book. The same can be said for going on a vacation or to a concert or even just a picnic in the park. Writers, all artists for that matter, can pick up so much inspiration from the world and people around them. Every day is a new day to come up with your next amazing idea...and that's pretty damn cool!
Till next time my wonderful readers...thank you...I luv ya!
~Paige out...



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! A Japanese-themed paranormal romance sounds incredibly awesome to me, so good luck with it whenever you finally have the time to concentrate on that in the future!

    ReplyDelete